Friday 11 May 2012

Daily Wrasslin' Match: Finlay vs. Chris Benoit - Smackdown 5/5/06


When Finlay returned to in-ring action in 2006 I honestly didn't know anything about him. I didn't know he was a feature on World of Sport, I didn't know he worked in WCW, but most importantly, I didn't know how God damn good he actually was. 

2006 wasn't a very good year for Smackdown. It had people like King Booker being the only real main eventer, Bobby Lashley was being pushed more and more as the year went on, and overall things just felt very flat. 

One person was the stand out of that show in my opinion, and that person was "Fit" Finlay. The Belfast Bruiser put on many fantastic matches against the likes of Matt Hardy, William Regal and Chris Benoit. His technical prowess and smash mouth style of wrestle was just a joy to watch. 

This match against Chris Benoit isn't his finest match ever, but it was a match where I found out that maybe there was something so great about him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment