Friday 8 June 2012

Daily Wrasslin' Match; AJ Styles vs. Kurt Angle - TNA Slammiversary 2008


I started watching TNA around early 2008. After seeing clips of the company on YouTube, I was determined to finally follow it. I loved the X-Division especially, as they delivered the kind of action I hadn't seen in years. And out of all the X-Division stars, AJ Styles was my man. 

I simply thought he was... well, phenomenal. The way he could dive over the top rope, the way he had all these innovative moves that I had never seen before, even the way he had his hood cover his face as he came to the ring - I liked everything about him. 

However, the AJ Styles I saw on YouTube was a bit different than the one I saw in 2008. He was the cowardly heel who didn't do a whole lot of his awe-inspiring moves that got me hooked. Really, he was a bit of a disappointment. 

But, it was in June of 2008 that we finally saw AJ turn face. Now, maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I always thought that "the old AJ Styles" came back at the annual Slammiversary PPV. Who knows though, maybe the "old AJ Styles" never left and I was simply just too stubborn to realise it because he was a heel and wasn't wearing shorts anymore.

Anyway, it was on that PPV where I thought the real AJ was back, and I was pumped to see him. Regardless to say, I thought his match against rival Kurt Angle was great, and is still my favourite Slammiversary match of all time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment